~ Here is the latest by Forbes on the value of MLB franchises. Value :
~ Here is the latest by Forbes on the value of MLB franchises.
- Nationals - Theodore Lerner @ $3.2B bought team from MLB for $450M in 2006
- Cubs - Sam Zell @ $3B Tribune Co. bought team in 1981, Zell took control of Tribune in 2007.
- Braves - John Malone @ $1.5B bought team from Ted Turner's Time Warner in 2007
- Astors - Drayton McLane @ $1.4B bought team in 1992
- Tigers - Michael Illitch @ $1.4B bought team in 1992 for $82M, also owns the NHL's Red Wings.
- Reds - Carl Linder @ $1.4B a fall from the #3 spot, was worth $2.2B at this time last year.
- Yankees - George Steinbrenner @ $1.3B
- Athletics - John Fisher @ $1.2B part owner since 2005, down from the #4 spot, worth $1.8K last year.
- Red Sox - John Henry @ $1.1B
- Rangers - Tom Hicks @ $1B bought team in 1998 from George W. Bush, also owns the NHL's Dallas Star.